2007 is likely to become a boom year for alternative energy - particularly with the recent publication of the Government's Energy White Paper - Delivering a Sustainable Energy Future for Ireland.
The rising popularity of alternative energy technologies will attract venture capital funding, legislative incentives and support - and growing investment from the business sector.
At the Alternative, Sustainable & Renewable Energy Summit - taking place on April 23 & 24, 2007 at the Croke Park Convention Centre, Dublin - delegates will be provided with a unique opportunity to receive a thorough and up-to-date picture on current and future developments within the Alternative/Renewable energy industry - as well as a chance to network and do business.
Topics at the Alternative, Renewable & Sustainable Energy Summit include:
* Developing competitive markets to provide the correct price signals for investment in alternative energy
* Renewable sources - The perspective, the market, the instruments
* Spatial planning & renewable energy plans
* Renewable energy technology trends
* Energy efficiency programmes and strategies
* Financial planning and investment
* Capital markets perspective on renewables
* Private equity and venture capital
* View from Europe - strategies for sustainable, competitive and secure energy
* Balancing Ireland's energy needs
* The nuclear debate
* Who will profit from the new alternative economy?
* Future trends and scenarios on global, European, national and regional levels.