Some of the main changes involve:
- Local authority development plans and local area plans for housing must insist on the phased and co-ordinated provision of physical infrastructure such as roads and drainage, public transport and community facilities.
- No substantial residential development can get green light without an assessment of existing schools capacity or the provision of new school facilities in tandem with the development.
- No substantial residential development can go ahead without either adequate existing public transport provision or new public transport provided in tandem with the development.
- There should be adequate provision at convenient locations for retail, health and other community facilities.
- Minimum densities of 50 properties per hectare should apply within such public transport corridors and must be specified in local area plans.
Post a Comment