MICRO-GENERATION IS defined as the generation of low-emission power and heat by individuals, small businesses and communities to meet their own needs.
Eligible micro-generation installations under the new scheme announced yesterday include small-scale wind turbines, solar panels, hydro (water power) and combined heat and power (CHP), ie an electricity generator fuelled by biomass.
Home and land owners interested in the scheme are advised to:
* Select a micro-generator suitable to your location that uses an interface certified as meeting the required ESB Network settings.
* Notify ESB Networks that you intend to connect your micro- generation to its network using its standard application form.
* Purchase the micro-generator from a reputable supplier.
* Use a qualified installer and registered electrical contractor to install and connect the micro-generator to your home.
* A comprehensive guide is available from the Sustainable Energy Ireland website. www.sei.ie
Post a Comment