Monday 18 December 2006

Minister Roche gives approval for €3.5m housing scheme in Carnew, Co. Wicklow

A local story of interest to Wicklow planners:

Mr. Dick Roche T.D., Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government, has announced that he has approved Wicklow County Council's proposals for the construction of a 25 house scheme at Carnew, in Co Wicklow.

The scheme consists of 25 social units comprising of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom units. It is the third phase of this development, which will ultimately comprise 63 housing units and 17 private sites.

The Minister said, "I am pleased to give the Council approval to accept a tender to commence construction for the third phase of this scheme at Carnew and I would urge the Council to commence construction as soon as possible"

"Earlier in the year I was delighted to announce record funding of €40m for local authority housing in Wicklow and this is proof of my personal commitment to deliver on housing for the people of Wicklow. I am delighted to see further progress on the housing programme and I will continue to put pressure on the Wicklow local authorities to deliver quality housing as a matter of urgency," added Minister Roche.


"I am confident that I will be in a position to negotiate another bumper allocation for Wicklow in 2007 from the record exchequer allocation of €1.5 billion and I look forward to making a future announcement in this regard," ended Minister Roche.

No comments: