The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has invited public comment on its most recent strategy entitled - '2020 Vision: Protecting and Improving Ireland's Environment'.
"We need to know what environmental priorities the public would like to see addressed and what steps might be taken to address them" - explained Dr Mary Kelly, Director General, EPA.
The six main environmental issues that the draft strategy identifies are -
* Clean Air
* Clean & Plentiful Water Resources
* Protected Soil & Biodiversity
* Sustainable Use of Natural Resources (waste management)
* Limiting & Adapting to Climate Change
* Integration & Enforcement.
The draft strategy can be downloaded from the EPA website - Click Here - or a copy can be requested by phoning EPA Headquarters - Tel: 053 916 0600.
Deadline for submissions is 22nd February 2007.
All submissions should either be posted to the following address -
PO Box 3000
Johnstown Castle Estate