Comhar SDC has made recommendations on the review of the National Sustainable Development Strategy (NSDS).
The recommendations have been informed by the proceedings and outcome of three stakeholder workshops - held in Dublin, Cork and Sligo.
Comhar states that sustainable development is both a vision and a process. It rests on the three pillars of environmental protection, economic development and social progress. Effective delivery of the revised NSDS will require this over-arching policy framework to be adopted and led at the highest level of government. It is also dependant on effective communication and engagement with key sectoral interests and civil society.
Comhar's recommendations cover the following areas -
* Climate Change and Clean Energy
* Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP)
* Conservation and Management of Natural Resources
* Public Health
* Social Inclusion, Demography and Migration
* Global Poverty and Sustainable Development Strategies
* Spatial Planning
* Better policy-making, governance and crosscutting issues - and
* Monitoring and measuring sustainability.
Post a Comment